EN CN
AS5048A (PWM) Encoders, no output with Simple BGC 32-bitExtended Controller
  • Hi,

I am getting no output in the GUI from my ROLL and PITCH encoders for my gimbal. I checked with an oscilloscope, they are outputting signals and have power.

I have tuned the gimbal with the encoders OFF, and the gimbal works as it should. When I enable the encoders and perform calibration, the gimbal does not work as it should and won't level itself. The encoders DO NOT show any data in the Monitoring tab of the GUI.

Here is my setup:

Board: SimpleBGC 32-bit Extended Controller version 3.6
    GUI: v2.63 b0
    Encoders: AS5048A (PWM) hooked up to FC_ROLL and FC_PITCH
    Pitch: GBM2804H-100T
    Roll: GBM4108H-120T
    Yaw: None
    IMU: 2x CAN IMU

Here is my Debug, request state:
    Firmware ver.: 2.63 b0, board ver.:3.6
    error:0
    assert_line: 0
    assert_file:
    COM errors: 0
    Encoder[ROLL] type: AS5048A,B (PWM)
    read errors: 1172
    Encoder[PITCH] type: AS5048A,B (PWM)
    read errors: 1173
    Encoder[YAW] type: DISABLED
    read errors: 0
    DRIVERS STATE: OTW=0, DRV_FAULT=1
    TIME SLOTS FREE (us): 1:731, 2:182, 3:661, 4:687, 5:684, 6:728, 7:732, 8:740, 9:744, 10:745,
    TEMPERATURE (C): MCU=37, IMU=36, F.IMU=38, DRIVERS=0, ROLL_M=0, PITCH_M=0, YAW_M=0,
    I2C errors: none

What am I missing?

Thanks.
  • Hello!

If you have CAN_IMU connected, I assume you have the "Extended" board version? In this case, it has a dedicated ports for the encoder connection. This picture shows routing, it's CS/PWM lines: https://www.basecamelectronics.com/media/SBGC_Extended_BOTTOM_Legend-2.jpg

Regards, Aleksey
  • PS: I have updated manual for encoders to make it more clear that there is a difference in board versions.
  • Hi Aleksey,

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for making it clear and updating the manual!

Do you know where I can get these connectors or what type they are?

Thanks,

Thomas