EN RU CN
Connecting SimpleBGC to Pixhawk (ardupilot)
  • Hi everyone,

I've just received my InfinityMR-S gimbal with AlexMos controller (2.60 b4).
    I'm trying to connect Pixhawk (ardupilot) to AlexMos to be able to control it.
    I've followed the instructions in the alexmos manual but didn't succeed. Nothing happened when I run Pixhawk and gimbal after doing the stated configuration.

I also tried to communicate using the Serial Protocol but didn't succeed. Pixhawk send commnands and the gimbal moves but It just moves to its limits of angles.

Could someone please help me to get this to work?

Thanks
  • Hi SalahuddinAsh,

I have an InfinityMR-360 gimbal with alexmos controller (2.60 b4).
    I am also trying to connect to a Pixhawk 2.1 running arducopter 3.4 and also having some troubles.

When you say you got it to work using the Serial Protocol are you using the Mavlink protocol explained in the manual on page 67 or the serial protocol compatible with Ardupilot param SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 7 (where x is your port number)?

If it the serial protocol do you happen to have a guide or link for instructions?

Here I am trying to get the Mavlink protocol working, but getting stuck at Control.
    I can get AHRS, GPS, and RC to all return OK but I can't seem to get Control to return OK. Using UART2 I have connected AUX3 and RC_YAW to the Pixhawk Telem 2 port.

As for the limits of angles I might be miss understanding, but here I had to adjust the Num. Poles in order increase the angle limits. For full range I had to set Num. Poles to 28, 28, 28 for ROLL, PITCH, and YAW respectively.

Hopefully we can help each other out with this issue.

Thanks
  • Hi Guys!!
    I'm Julien, new owner of a Infinity-MR 360!
    Really happy with this gimbal, i made wonderfull shots with a 2 operators configurations, stock settings and a Sony a6000.
    I did'nt succeed to connect the gimbal via Mavlink, despite several trials of settings. I don't have the confirmation of communication between FC and Gimbal on the mavlink's GUI page so I will try the mapping that reedskyefish explained. Could you precise the wiring you use? I'm confused about Tx and Rx configuration...
    If we take that storm32 picture for reference:
    http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-storm32-gimbal.html
    Where do you plug the green and orange wires? Yaw or Aux?

Second issue for me, the connection of an Rx on aux3 and RC yaw (operator controlling pitch/yaw) does not work anymore since i tried to connect Mavlink, even after setting all the parameters back.

Any idea?

Thanks!!

Julien

• Hello,

The MavLink configuration is described in details in the User Manual ver.2.6x, you can download fresh version from our website. Try to follow all requirements and configure it in the AutoPilot, as described.

For the second question: when you select MavLink protocol on the RC_SERIAL port, system automatically change the "RC_ROLL pin mode" to "SBGC Serial API". Disabling MavLink does not return this parameter back. Go to the "RC" settings tab and set it back to desired mode.

Regards, Aleksey
  • Hello
    I have managed to connect pixhawk trogh either serial or mav. On 2.60 yaw is inverted, 2.62 imu/motor mismatch ... is there a way to download 2.61 ?

If using serial or mavlink how to set up fc gains and fcroll/fcpitch ?
    If ahrs is ok does still need for those to be set up ?
    Manual does not specify fcroll/pitch. How to set those up in apm ?

Observed that mnt control on apm has priority over controller. Example angle limits are set be apm not basecam no matter what targeting mode is selected in apm mnt targeting mode. Is there a way to use basecam settings when connecting on mav ?

Is it serial xonnection advantages over mavlink ?

Thanks !
  • Hello,

The Parameters FC_ROLL, FC_PITCH gains are for old PWM way of connection, so with MavLink are not in action, just leave empty.

When AP takes gimbal under control, it has a priority compared to RC control. But RC limits are still applied to ROLL and PITCH, as usual. Also, some smoothing is applied (equal to 5 if set in the RC tab).
    Which settings do you want to be in action for AP gimbal control?

Our Serial API is more gimbal-targeted, of course. MavLink has very pure support for gimbals.

Regards, Aleksey