EN CN
Can Bus IMU not working
  • Ordered and paied 110 USD for a couple of canbus imus.

Received them yesterday, plugged them in and DO NOT WORK, maybe i am doing something wrong but the documentation is NOT EXISTANT.

Wrote to support yesterday and NO ASSISTANCE.

HOW CAN A PRODUCT BE RELEASED WITHOUT ANY INFO ON HOW TO USE IT?????

So at the moment i would advice people to NOT BUY new canbus imus because THEY JUST DO NOT WORK, as soon as somebody answer us and let us know how to use it, i'll write here the solution for future users and reference.

Corrado
  • Hello,
    CAN IMU has a higher priority than I2c IMU, and when you connect both types IMU, the board will work only with CAN IMU.

We find a bug in newest firmware with CAN IMU support, and we try to correct them as quickly as possible.

Thank you for understanding.
  • No, connecting CAN IMU doesn't work, can imu does not work at all, system only works with onboard imu (wich i think is i2c). So to me it looks like I2C has higher priority.

So what you are basicly saying is that you released a product without even testing if it was working on a base configuration with your boards?

All i did was connecting a CAN IMU and try to use it with the onboard imu as frame imu and the CAN IMU as camera imu. IT DOES NOT WORK.

There is no information anywhere about the configuration of the CAN IMU.

Is there a firmware you tested on wich it works?

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE NEW 55USD IMUS (very expensive) DO NOT WORK AT ALL.
  • Support just answered that the current firmware doesn't support CANBUS imu yet.

OBVIOUSLY IT IS NOT WRITTEN ANYWHERE ON THE SITE.

I would have liked to know that the new imus were not supported by current firmware yet, BEFORE BUYING.

Corrado

p.s. What a bad service
  • Hello everyone,

We are sorry for the delaying with the firmware. Now the firmware 2.61b2 supports CAN IMU. Tick the checkbox "Check for Beta version" in GUI on tab upgrade and upload on your controller the latest firmware.