EN CN
2.60b4 not tracking axis as accurately as prior builds
  • I've recently tried the latest firmware and followed the usual setup only to find that with the most stable PID's (no vibrations at any angle) the axis does not track as well as prior builds (fast rotations show significant loss of horizon tracking and slowly return to level once the fast rotation stops). Normally I see this with low P term, however I'm sitting around 95/0.2/77 for both pitch and roll. Motors are Quanum 4008's (22 poles). Power for roll is 150/Pitch 100.

Will need to roll back to the previous build to get the tracking working nicely again till this is sorted out.
  • For faster tracking experiments with PID 'I' and Outer PI on advanced tab. maybe also magnetic linkage.

But your problem sounds something else than tracking. Do you mean you loose horizon on some movements easier than earlier?
  • Hello,
    If you have 2nd IMU (mounted on the frame), it's used to increase a precision. But in some cases it does not do it well, so in 2.60b4 we introduced low-pass filter option: "Advanced" - "Use gyro signal as feed-forward" and "LPF freq, Hz". You can set it to zero, to restore previous behaviour.

Also, the way how OuterP, I correction is applied, was slightly changed. It may affect precision too.

Another important thing is "Magnetic linkage of motor" parameter that worked incorrectly in 2.56. You have to calibrate it again in 2.60b4 (2nd IMU or encoders are required).

Regards, Aleksey.
  • Hello,
    about the "Magnetic linkage of motor", if I follow the manual I just get values for Pitch (39.19) and roll (69.53), not for yaw (= 0). is it normal?
    my alexmos is 32-bit, dual IMU and encoder only on the yaw, firm 2.60 b4
  • Maybe my problem is related to yours. I do not want to hijack this thread but I upgraded to the latest firmware as well and since than the YAW motor does not react to the Offset value in Follow mode. It initialises in what ever position it is upon power-up. Before I could have it slightly off right or left direction and the Offset value would bring it to initialise always in perfect forward direction.