EN CN
Why does my SBCG32 Reset itself and jump profiles?
  • I have a SimpleBGC 32bit so far has been treating me well in some desktop tests. I haven't gotten out into the field yet.

Yesterday, I made a nice bracket for the gimbal, mounted it to a stand so i could work on it, and had a real spagetti of wires going on. But everything worked really well! This morning, i neatened the wires up with some cable ties, making sure i don't have excessive tensions anywhere, but now the whole system seems to have freaked out.

It will no longer run a PID autotune programme. It just 'crashes' and changes profiles.
    It often just resets itself even when completely static. (mounted to it's stand)
    Under strain (rapid movement) it either resets itself, or jumps to a different profile!

Very odd.

I'm running it off a DC power supply, capable of 3amps, or off a DC battery, same issues.

Any ideas?
  • Do you have long power wires. Try installing a battery close to the board with no longer than half meter wire.

Also as you mention that the problems come after cleaning the cabling, route the cables differently. Do you currently have I2C errors? Route the IMU wires separately of other wires.
  • Hi Garug, Thanks for the reply.

Power wire is fairly long yes, about 2 meters. It's not a drone system, but a vehicle mount, so i'm using a big 12ah lead paste battery. I'll try shorten it a bit, see if that helps.

No I2C errors at all. With one sensor. When i put the frame sensor in, it goes nuts, and counts 1000's of I2C errors a second. But testing has all been conducted so far with just the 1 sensor, and as i say, 0 errors.

I did find a bit of a dodgy soldering on my long power cable where it connects to the board cable, so i resoldered that and everything seems a bit better!