EN CN
I think someone hacked my gimbal out in the field
  • I own a Pilotfly H1+ I'm not sure if this is a once in a lifetime thing but I was in a crowded area in Korea, and off to the side I hear "hey check out that guy's gimbal." I didn't think much of it, but I noticed it started to act funny as I was walking away from the venue. I think it was then maybe he had connected to it and tried to remote control it.

30 minutes later, it just started flopping around. Not even half way into my shooting day. What sucks was that I had spent a lot of money traveling there, and not having my laptop, I couldn't troubleshoot it until I got home. It turned out he had un-inverted 2 of my inverted motors, flipped my -Z axis to Z, and Y axis to X. Not knowing my gimbal settings off the top of my head, looking at the smartphone app through blutooth, I couldn't immediately spot what had been changed. Also, I don't know what he did but ACC calibration wouldn't stick until I calibrated the Camera and Frame IMU with a computer. Probably something I couldn't even do while away from home.

Someone's *prank* cost me a lot of money and time because I had to travel a long distance and I missed recording two-thirds of my day. Needless to say I am p'd off.

Is there any way I can disable the bluetooth?
  • I figured out how to change the bluetooth pairing code. That should probably do it.