EN CN
Firmware Upgrade problem
  • Hi everyone, I'm loosing my mind trying to upgrade the firmware on my 32bit tiny controller.

I currently have a v3.1 board with 2.43b9 firmware and need to upgrade to 2.56b9 so that I can have a continuously rotating yaw axis. I have updated my Java to the latest version, tried three different computers, and tried every conceivable variation of using the flash jumper with both automatic and manual firmware uploads.

No matter what I do I get an error that reads "Failed to upload: Error writing firmware: [74] No DFU capable USB device available"

PLEASE someone help me, I have two boards (Basecam originals) and neither upgrades attempted through virtual COM ports or DFU mode work.

Does anyone have any idea what to do or what options to explore?
  • Hi Shaddow77,

I am experiencing the same problem from 2.56b7 to 2.b60b4. When I try to upgrade it I get the same problem. The worst is that now I cant even use the 2.56b7 version. The 32bit tiny does not communicate with the PC.
    Did you get a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
  • Hello,
    regarding DFU-related problems, there is some useful information in the latest User Manual 2.6x.
    http://www.basecamelectronics.com/files/v3/SimpleBGC_32bit_manual_2_6x_eng.pdf Hope it will help.
    Another option is to use USB-UART adapter (serial converter), that allows to connect board to PC bypassing internal USB, and do not switch to DFU mode for firmware upgrading.

Regards, Aleksey.