EN CN
Trying to install virtual port - getting category 10 error
  • hi folks,
    I'm setting up a DYS Marcia gimbal, and trying to connect to Basecam. The gimbal seems to work fine out of the box, however it starts up pointing about 15 degrees clockwise, and I want to adjust it in Basecamp. On my win8.1 machine, I installed the Silabs virtual port driver, and YES I can see it in device manager. However, there is this yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on it, and I saw a message while installing that the driver may not work properly.

When I hook things up (power up gimbal from battery and with USB connected), I don't see any ports in Basecam. I am running the latest version, and tried downgrading to 2.4 but still no port can be seen.

What I have tried so far with no effect:
    - change USB cable (currently using one from my Western Digital drive)
    - tried to install on a Macbook Pro
    - tried auto-install. Hook up hardware and start computer. Doesn't detect and install driver.

I am getting a category 10 error on the driver (I think I saw this while installing). I suspect this is the problem, meaning maybe my machine has a switch set that prevents the USB from communicating. However I have no knowledge on how to fix it.

A friend has recommended I try another driver brand, and recommends the Prolific drivers. I tried but I can seem to add it - I can't imagine this is the solution since the manuals all point to the C2102 drivers.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance!

rgds/ RandyQ

• Any chance you would share your profile settings?

I bought one of these, it will not reliably save IMU calibration. I it was advertised as having a mini-alexmos board however after having a closer look after much time I can see that is a clone. I am thinking about gutting it and grafting a tiny alexmos board to it. Won't be very neat, but whenever I get a profile which works it seems the IMU's loose calibration after a power cycle.

Good luck with your project. Yes the CP2102 drivers do communicate with the gimbal. If you are still stuck you might try uninstalling from Device Manager, remove the software (checkbox) also.

Then reinstall the driver using the install exe which is in the driver package. I had a problem on my laptop Win7 X64 where it would not recognize the gimbal and while the device was present in DM, it would refuse to uninstall, just hang.

I had to run a utility "psexec" from sysinternals to invoke regedit with system level privileges to uninstall the corrupt driver and then reinstall. If you want details let me know.