EN CN
2-Axis Gimbal - Problem with the "Order of hardware axes"
  • Hello,

I've got an (genuine) Alexmos 32bit, updated to the latest version (2.56 b9), with 2 channels - YAW and PITCH.

Each axis on its own works very well. I've tuned the PID and everything is okay. When I activate them together the YAW almost doesn't work. I can feel *some* force on the motor when I push it but it doesn't keep position at all.

Then I found out about the new "Order of hardware axes" setting, and switched the order from PITCH-ROLL-YAW to YAW-ROLL-PITCH and the motors switch! Now the YAW is working properly and PITCH is not working at all (although it's not as the motor is off. It's on but not moving).

I've went back to 2.50b2 and everything is back to normal, although I needed to re-tune the PID parameters and they turned out completely different than on 2.56

It seems like a bug on 2.56 b9, could someone confirm?

I'm using RC-Timer GBM-2804 motors

Thanks
    Nitay
  • Did you use the same version of GUI than FW? if not it could cause some unexpected errors.

I never activate the axis one by one. best activate them all and do the basic tuning like that.
  • At first - I was using UI 2.50, and it upgraded the firmware to 2.56. After the issue started I changed to UI 2.56, and that's where I discovered the new parameter.

Anyway, if this is a problem, then the UI should warn you your UI does not support this firmware...

Why do you prefer activating the axis all together? Isn't it easier tuning them separately? Easier to know which one is mis-tuned.
  • You need to tune the hole gimbal. the axis interact. Just set the PID to some low values that work somehow, but does not vibrate, then tune one axis at the time, in iterative process.

I am confused about your gimbal, Yaw and Pitch axis only? is this the actual configuration you are using it?

Both advanced tab settings and at bottom RC tab Euler axis affect to axis.
  • Yes - I'm only using Yaw and Pitch axis.

"Both advanced tab settings and at bottom RC tab Euler axis affect to axis."
    I'm sorry but I didn't understand - What do you mean?
  • I mean the Euler angle settings affect also how the axis work.