EN CN
BUG REPORT : 2.56b9 Testing ENC and non-ENC versions on TinyPro - RC_ROLL pin issue
  • After testing a number of TinyPro units with the latest 2.56b9 encoder FW I'm finding the RC_ROLL pin unresponsive to PWM input regardless of the encoder type (even set to none) selected in the Encoder tab. Reading the encoder manual the only time RC_ROLL is needed is when an SPI connection to an encoder is required. With the PWM inputs I should be left with functioning RC_ROLL and RC_YAW input pins which are not tied up with PWM encoder inputs.

So then I thought I'd double check the regular non-encoder firmware for 2.56b9 and suddenly my RC_ROLL pin is reading the PWM input correctly (as shown in the monitoring tab).

Aleksey, if possible can you please change the code to not reserve the pins required for SPI communications unless someone actually selects an encoder type that requires it? Your documentation for encoders does not seem to indicate that I should expect RC_ROLL to get crossed off the list for PWM input when the encoder firmware is used. Also makes it impossible for me to use it for PPM input (only RC_ROLL can be assigned for this mode). Guess that also applies to S-BUS input.

Nice having the encoders working but if I cannot use an RC receiver to control yaw AND pitch (not just one or the other via the RC_YAW pin) it does make it all a bit pointless?

Thanks,

John (GHT)
  • Hi, John.

In the encoders manual, there is a remark:
    "NOTE:
    RC_ROLL input in this version of firmware is occupied by SPI bus, so its special meaning (Sum-PPM, S-bus, Spektrum) is moved to AUX3."

Sorry if it does not give straightforward understanding that this pin moved to AUX3 regardless if you connect SPI or not - english is not my native :)

It will be a bit problematic to make a pin assignment dynamic. But most improtant that there are many users that already use AUX3 in their systems for s-bus/sum-ppm input, so changing it now is not a good option.

Regards, Aleksey
  • Awesome Aleksey! Not sure how I missed that in the encoders PDF? Pays to read the whole thing. Although that note should probably be referenced in the connection diagram for AUX3 as well.

Only issue I have with this is that when you select Spektrum as the input type I am finding that none of my receivers (Spektrum or OrangeRx branded) are working. Would I need to bypass the three pin SPEK connector and go direct to 3.3V/GND/AUX3 to get that working? Makes sense as most boards would have the signal pin internally wired to RC_ROLL.

Regards,

John
  • Алексей а как быть с триггером? У меня такая проблема.
    Тригер замыкающий спуск камеры на энкодерной прошивке работает нормально исключительно на aux3!
    Но aux3 нужен теперь для подключения приемника sbus.
    Как быть?
    аукс 1-2 в режиме триггера вешают камеру.
    Энкодеры по pwm занимают каналы fc-roll fc-pitch rc-pitch