EN CN
YAW axis drift slowly when follow mode disabled
  • Hi ewerybody. I'm reading forum from couple of days and can't figure it out how can i configure yaw axis the way i want to. Problem is when i turn off follow Yaw function it starts to spin clockwise slowly about one turn per 30 seconds. When i turn it back on again it works fine. Another issue with Yaw axis is that when i turn on the system it goes to about 45 degree position and to make it straight forward again i must use joystick. And when we talks about joystick there is a problem too and i beliewe whole thing has something to do with joystick config but i cant configure the angle in wchich yaw axis can turn. Only angles i can setup are a plus angles when im entering minus before after write it is removed and when i try to change parameters with arrows next to degree value it jumps only between 0 and 360 anybody can tell me what i can try to solve this problems ?? I have two 8 bit boards in rctimer gimbal wchich i just bought used. Both boards are 2,2b 2 firmware. I have joystick configured in angle mode PWM RC_PITCH LPF 3. This same settings work perfectly witch pitch axis but there i can change the min and max angle by one degree.
  • You should update the firmware 2.2 is very old. (but make sure it is legitimate board before you do and if it is not, I would suggest getting one that is)

Your problem is likely related to joystick. Make sure it is correctly calibrated and make dead band bigger.
  • I cant update the firmware. When I buying this gimbal owner inform me that this is simple bgc board but I think none of us dont know that this is some kind of chinese wersion. I have plan to update this two boards to 32 bit controller but for now I cant because of price. I tried making deadband bigger but this only give me more room to play with handles and thats not enough. I dont see such thing like calibrating joystick in this firmware but I think it works ok because when I switch pitch and yaw cables the joystick work ok. I think there is problem with this strange min max angle parameters because I cant put a minus in there. I tried speed mode but I have a joystick that is difficult to use in this settings and planning to change him too. For now im wondering why when I turn off follow yaw ewerything spins or shakes yaw
  • When follow mode is enabled is there some aditional dampening running ? I try to tune the gimbal from scratch and with ewerything disabled but I see when I turn on follow yaw gimbal works much better
  • I've managed to configure ewerything as I wanted but one problem that I still have is that gimbal is preety stable on the stand but as soon as I take gimbal from it it starts to wibrate. I try to lower parameters and ewen lower parameters of pitch and roll as described in manual but i'm stiil having that problem. And as I described before when I turn on yaw follow ewerything magically works fine