EN CN
CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Driver installation problem
  • I have seen this driver installed successfully many many times, but in three cases the installation has failed, despite reinstallation. By failure, I mean that the driver does not show up in the connection dropdown menu. I have observed these reinstallations myself and nothing appears to be done incorrectly (except for not performing the terminal commands part of it, which I've never seen to have any effect). These failed installations have several things in common:

1) They are on a system using OS X. The most recent occurrence was using OS 10.10.4.
    2) Reinstallation does not help (even when attempting to uninstall first).
    3) The drivers do not show up in the /System/Library/Extensions folder (my normal functional installation shows two SiLabs files there).
    4) One driver (SiLablsUSBDriver.kext) shows up in the /Library/Extensions folder.

I have been unable to find a way to get these to work. Can someone help me to figure out what is going on? I have tried posting this question on the SiLabs forum, but have not received any answers yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • I have this same issue and am same OS and Basecam board V4.5. Can't connect and can't see the USB port... don't think drivers are working but have installed them.
    same issues:

1) They are on a system using OS X. The most recent occurrence was using OS 10.10.4.
    2) Reinstallation does not help (even when attempting to uninstall first).
    3) The drivers do not show up in the /System/Library/Extensions folder (my normal functional installation shows two SiLabs files there).
    4) One driver (SiLablsUSBDriver.kext) shows up in the /Library/Extensions folder.
  • Just got one more case. :-(
  • Okay, so I feel silly. Although I cannot check all of the cases, it looks like the one case I did check was really just a poor physical connection of the USB cable. I checked with someone at Silicon Labs, and he said that the odd appearance of the driver going into different installation folders really just came down to the fact that he had created a new driver and it naturally installed in a different directory. Will update this thread if I find any other cases.