EN CN
  • Mine is a board v.1 software 2.2.b2 Nothing works. The gimbal acted like a paint shaker (quivering!) right out of the box. The software connects, but does not seem to do squat.... cannot calibrate accelerometer or gyro ( just keeps writing/crc error displaying) firmware will not update. basecam instructions are too difficult to understand (have you thought of a "light" version?) I know I am kind of ranting, but this is my second ebay gimbal (neither of which function out of the box) Should I procede to use it as a paint shaker????
  • In case you missed it, they will all shake like mad if there is noe camera or balancing weight in the gimbal.
    Most cards wich are now delivered with 2.2 are fake's and not supported by basecam.
    Ebay is a hostile place for fake cards.
  • Hmmm. I definitely connected to the basecam GUI. I have been watching youtube videos on different settings and testing. So far pitch is working! Roll is performing large quivering/shaking movements. Still testing, but not making progress.
  • The 2.2b2 boards from eBay are usually fake ones which only work with the GUI for the 2.2 firmware, so yes, it is an old version basecam GUI you are using.
    Fake or not, the gimbal should be working in general. Really focus in properly(!) balancing the gimbal with the camera mounted, properly calibrate the ACC and Gyro, and start PID tuning according to the manual, one motor at a time.

If you haven't watched it already, there is a great video on properly balancing, by the user 'tonytypes' on Youtube. Search for "How to Balance a 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal", there are parts 1-3, one for each axis.