EN CN
S-Bus Virt_CH 9-32 not working / receiving strange values.
  • According to the manual the 32bit Board should be able to work with up to 16 channels via S-Bus.

My setup:
    FrSky X8R receiver and FrSky Taranis plus
    DJI Naza v2
    Board 3.0 (Flyduino) FW 2.50b2

S-Bus is connected to Naza and Gimbal.
    Naza needs at least the first 6 channels so I set channels 12-15 for se gimbal and it went crazy. All channels got an input of ~850 in monitor. As I set the chaneels to the Naza control channels I got proprer values. I found out, that only channel 1-8 are working in Basecam. All higher channels read random strange values.

So how can I use virtualCH 9-16 (or even 9-32)?
  • Can your transmitter actually send SBUS channels 12-15?

I have been using SBUS channels up to 10, works ok.
  • Thank you for this extremly useful hint!
    Taranis ist capable of sending D16 (16 channels) but as a default it's limited to 8 channels...
    You have to set the limit in the Companion software to 12 channels in my case. Now it's working with Basecam at CH 9-12 like a charm.
    Everything only tested on the ground. Flying with cam is not permitted in my county without a permit. So I have to drive to the next county to test it. ;:)
  • That is too bad, what country is that? In Finland the regulations are changing, but luckily it looks like flying with cam will remain possible for everyone.
  • It's only in Germany - Rheinland-Pfalz. If I move 30km to Germany - Saarland I can fly with cam for private purposes without a permit. German laws are always strange. ;)