EN CN
3 Axis DSLR Gimbal Not Returning to Centre
  • Hi there - really hoping someone can shed light on this, hopefully it's just a silly mistake on my part.

I have set up a 3 axis DSLR gimbal, carbon frame, similar to CAME 7800, using 32 bit v3.0 SBGC board with two IMU sensors.

My problem is that the motors do not return to centre when moved. They also feel 'lumpy' when moved, it's hard to describe, but it's like it isn't moving smoothly, but perhaps 'grabbing' each pole of the motor. This happens on all three motors. I am not even sure where to start looking to fix a problem like this - could anyone point me in the right direction? Is this an inversion or poles issue?

Sensors have been 6 point calibrated and seem to respond perfectly when I move them and look at the GUI, they are mounted sideways but the orientation is correct in the GUI. Battery is running at 12.6-11.4v. I've got a joystick but I've disconnected it for troubleshooting so this shouldn't be affecting it. No I2c errors shown in the GUI.
  • Funny, nobody commented on this, I have the same problem, base am won't even respond
  • By the description it is not possible to say what it is.

Has it ever worked?

What happened?

Video of the problem?

The solution probably is reading the users manual and seeing the gimbal properly up.