EN CN
I2C Errors, how many is acceptable? 32 Bit SimpleBGC
  • Hey guys (and gals), I been browsing for a while now, trying to tune/setup my Chinese 3 Axis Gimbal...

I am new to this field and after a lot of reading, watching and tuning, I have a question... how many IC2 errors is acceptable? None? Some?

Some people are commenting they never get any at all. As I am new to all this, I assumed a few were acceptable as I have been getting them from the day I opened the box...

With my gimbal clamped down, perfectly still for some time, when connected, it steadily climbs in IC2 errors while just sitting there. About 600 in a few minutes time. I have tried ferrite rings, checking connections and they keep piling up.... it then freaks out. I corrected the freak out spinning by inverting the yaw, (my error) which somewhat solved the problem.. but it still sometimes hangs up and begins spinning out of the control sending the IC2 error count off the chart....

I purchased it off eBay, item was delivered very quickly, but have had problems ever since. I have opened a dispute and am trying to work with the seller to resolve the issue, otherwise I will return it for a refund. I've already spent two weeks every evening working on this.... to their credit, the seller is actually helping.

I put a video on youtube to communicate with the seller, as they only speak broken English... if anyone is interested.... 5 Min Long...

• There should not be any I2C errors. Before you get rid of the I2C errors, everything is just waist of time.

• I have the same problem and I think I have isolated it to faulty motors (?!). I was banging my head against the wall for a few weeks until I decided to systematically disconnect everything from the controller and to my surprise the I2C errors stopped when I disconnected the PITCH motor. Also the crazy-epileptic spins after 2 min of connection time stopped. I bought mine out of China, at goodluckbuy.com and it all arrived in a mess, so it doesn't surprise me that the motors were broken. I have now ordered a new motor so lets see how that turns out...

Please let me know if you are making any progress, would be really interesting to see!

BR,
    ROB
  • RBorin

Check out the following video... I'm having two problems. With the motors plugged in, I am getting IC2 errors.

I managed to get the gimbal to be steady by loading the factory profile the seller emailed to me. I can send you the profile, or screenshots if you would like. Once loaded, I got the gimbal semi working, it stopped flopping around, but I was getting IC2 errors and it could get jumpy at times.

So I began testing it, buy unplugging motors one by one and narrowed the IC2 errors down to the pitch motor... it may be causing interference with the sensors... but then I noticed an interesting thing... with all the motors unplugged, when I turn the motor power on or off using the GUI, it begins causing the sensors to bounce around.....

I tried using two ferrite rings I had laying around as you can see in the video, but even with the motors completely disconnected, its still going crazy... something inside the SimpleBGC board is causing the sensors to misread when the motor circuit is powered on....

Combine the board itself causing misreading sensors and a pitch motor that caused IC2 errors, I am just going to return it to the seller...

• I have same problem. Is there any solutions or progress?
  • You should not have any I2C errors.

However it looks you have some other problems too. Maybe setup.

Why is the gimbal not moving at all though the indicator shows the erratic movement?