EN CN
Cnc controller of gimbal
  • I was hoping to make a laser pointer writer on the wall by mounting it on the gimbal.. Can I simply control the position of the pointing by controlling thought the serial port using an arduino or computer? Another words , tell gimbal to ,ove to position x,y by serial command. Can I use this function without adding the MCU sensor? How do I choose the zero point? And will the response time be quick enough if I want to write a solid line by going back and forth like 10 times per second?

Also can i use an external wall 12vdc 2 amp supply instead of Liao battery?

And is the board on this compatible for my purposes or should get an official board ? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=130963348634

Thanks for your help

• "And will the response time be quick enough if I want to write a solid line by going back and forth like 10 times per second?" No, gimbal will not work for this purpose.

For fast response you will need small mass/inertia. typically Laser wall writers use mirrors to direct the light.
  • Garug, your comment makes sense, but I figured the laser head is light enough. If the gimbal head is too heavy for this, maybe I can find a faster motor, and build my own mirror gimbal. But again, can I use the controller board for this purpose? As asked above?
  • No you can not.

Or maybe you could use the board, but you need to program it your self, and likely use something else than BL motors. BL motor alone has a lot of inertia.