EN CN
Flashed 32bit Firmware to 8bit controller, how to fix this??
  • I am obviously new to the gimbals which is why this occurred. Here is exactly what happened and I hope this can be fixed but I can't find a single post on fixing this.
    I purchased a 3axis gimbal from Goodluck sell. While waiting on Nex-6 camera I will put on this I figured I would upgrade firmware.
    1. I installed SimpleBGC_GUI_2_44b9 on my PC.
    2. The GUI would not connect and it only gave me Com1 option. After researching I installed CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers for Win 8.1.
    3. The GUI then connected to the board on Com5. It showed firmware as being 2.40b7. I now realize I should have been running the 2.40b7 GUI and not 2.44b9 :(
    4. When I clicked on Check for Update I received a Java error (did not save message) but I have Java installed.
    5. I then clicked on Manaual Upgrade tab. I browsed to the Firmware folder and selected Simplebgc_32bit_recovery.hex and the flashed the firmware. I basically got a message that the firmare was written successfully.

Shortly thereafter I realized I really screwed up. So now when I connect the USB cable from the board to my PC, there is no beeping, and the green light on the board comes on and stays solid.

The 2.4b7 or 2.44b9 GUI will not connect to the board (com5). It just sits there and says "Connecting..".

Can this be fixed? I can follow instructions well if someone can let me know how to do it. I will be very thankful for the assistance.

Tim
  • I did try using Xloader to upload the 2.40b7 firmware on Com5 and got message "Upload Failed"
  • After the Xloader failed, I ran AvrdudeR and I got message that program had stopped responding. I reran the AvrdudeR and clicked on cancel and received a message that the board was updated?? After reopening the GUI it connects to the board just fine and all is good. So if someone else pulls a boneheaded newbie trick like me I hope this helps them. A one paragraph explanation in the box from GoodluckSell would have prevented this newbie error but that won't ever happen.