EN CN
BGC v3 - How to determine which IMU is the camera and which is the frame?
  • I have a Alexmos BaseCam BGC3.0 SBGC V3.0 32bit ARM 3axis Gimbal Controller V2.4. The IMU came daisy chained together. That is, one sensor is plugged into the board and the second sensor is plugged into the first sensor. The sensor appear to be identical.

My problem is, how to I deermine which sensor is the frame IMU and which is the camera IMU?

When I connect to SimpleBGC GUI v2.53.b9 application, both sensors produce the same motion display in the pitch roll and yaw gauges.

How do yo determine which IMU is which? If there is some firmware configuration, I cannot find any documentation on it.

In the manual it says... "

"Second IMU sensor
    Second IMU should be connected to the same I2C bus as main (in parallel). Sensors should have different I2C-address (Main IMU – 0x68, Frame IMU – 0x69). On the Basecam IMU, address 0x69 may be set by cutting the ADDR bridge, located on the back side of the sensor."

What does "cutting the ADDR bridge, located on the back side of the sensor" mean? I cannot see any bridge. Is this step required?

Here is a picture of my board and IMUs.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxMjAw/z/rOAAAOSw2XFUgnBb/$_57.JPG

I am very new to this and are trying to read and learn as much as I can to get this working, but I am totally stuck at this point.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
  • You will see "ADDR" at the sensor boards. One board is with a small black component soldered (this is for the bridged function) and one without. The one with is the Camera sensor and the board without is the Frame sensor.
  • Thank you so much. That is perfect.

It would have been nice if the IMU boards had 'Frame' and 'Camera' in big white letters on it though. :-)

• The IMU boards can be used for both, this is why they don't give it a name. If you buy a complete controller including the box/house, you will find (by the most) the names on the boxes.