EN CN
Cannot connect or upgrade - Java exceptions
  • I use SimpleBGC GUI v2.43 b9. It shows that controller firmware is 2.30 b5 and that I should upgrade it.

But it shows various Java exceptions and I cannot upgrade the firmware. When I click on connect:

Something goes wrong when reading parameters: -Unexpected error: java.io.IOException: Limit reached!

On Upgrade tab, when I click on Check:

Error checking latest versions: java.lang.Exception: This device is not registered in the system!

I had Java 7 installed, I upgraded to the latest Java 8 update 40, did not help.

I tried to install drivers mentioned in the README from:
    http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.asp

Did not help either.

Anybody had the same problem?

Thank you.
  • Do you have Bluetooth, are you sure connecting with USB when FW updating. Most BT need configuring to be able to FW update. USB needs the drivers to work, does the GUI work otherwise ok with USB?

What operating system you have?

But just realized your problem is that you are trying to load a 32 bit FW to 8 bit board. there never was 2.30b5 for 32 bit. You should use 8 bit FW. Also use GUI that is related to the 8 bit FW version.
  • You are right, that was the problem. I connected successfully with 8-bit GUI over USB and upgraded firmware. Thank you for the advice.