EN CN
32-bit board - By Follow, the Pitch go's directly to the 90 degrees Up or Down position !
  • Hello All,

I'm using a 32-bit board and running at 2.43b9 and have also try'd the 2.44b4 beta version.
    The motors are all from iflight:
    Pitch - http://www.iflight-rc.com/ipower-gbm6208h-150t.html
    Roll - http://www.iflight-rc.com/ipower-gbm6208h-150t.html
    Yaw - http://www.iflight-rc.com/ipower-gbm8017-120t.html
    This is the Gimbal:
    http://www.famoushobby.com/kit-bg001pro-famoushobby-dslr-3axis-brushless-gimbal-kitgh4-handle-gimbal-steadicam-pro-systemwith-motorscontrollerbattery-p-573.html
    (I've swapped the Yaw motor 6208h to a 8017, this feels better with a Canon 7D 20mm fixt lens))

After tuning the Gimbal mechanical and by PID's, all looks good so far.
    If I'm activate the Follow for the Yaw only, there are no problems.
    When I activated the Follow including the Pitch/Roll axis, then the Pitch axis go's to 90 degrees Up or Down position....
    And stays there for all the time !
    (Roll axis is not activate in Follow {90.0 setting} )

I've done the Offset Auto part and have activated the "Estimate frame angles from motors"
    I'm using two sensor-boards, one at the camera plate and one under the Yaw position.
    Both sensors looking good at the monitoring.
    All RC inputs are disabled and also the joystick.

Is this a bug in the software ?

Thanks and I hope to hear from someone how nows how to solve this problem.

Regards,
    Marten
  • Hello All again,

Today I've erased the EEPROM first and re-calibrate all again, without any result.
    After this, I've downgraded my controller to the 2.42b7 firmware and still get the same problem.

It looks that there is a "wrong" connection between Follow mode and RC-Control.
    When I'm setting the max and min angle settings from the Pitch in RC-Control smaller or bigger...
    The Pitch go's in 'Follow mode On', to the same angle what I've set in RC-Control !

Later this day or tomorrow, I will connect a receiver and will see what happens when I control the Pitch by radio.
    Hopefully it will solve this problem, until there is a solution for this.

Regards,
    Marten
  • I am somewhat unclear what your problem is.

I am using "(Roll axis is not activate in Follow {90.0 setting} )" and not having any problems.

Just set the max and min angles to something big like 450 and -450. Make sure min is negative. When it is working ok, you could lower them, if there is any reason to.
  • Hello Garug,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try your suggestion with a higher and lower max/min settings.

Follow mode with Yaw only works fine.
    If I'm activate Follow mode with all axis, the Yaw and Roll axis are fine.
    (Roll axis is still in Stabilize mode, with these Roll Start/Mix 90, 0 settings)
    Copy from manual:
    Hint: To completely disable follow for ROLL, set these values to (90, 0). To permanently enable follow for ROLL
    (regardless of the camera PITCH-ing), set values to (0, 0).

Regards,
    Marten
  • Hello All again,

I've found the problem, it was just the direction from the Pitch motor.
    The strange thing is that all things works fine in Stabilize Mode.
    So I didn't think about this option to swap the direction from the Motors.

There is something written in the manual about this, but it was not clear enough for me, to Reverse the motor(s).
    Because it's just running fine in Stabilize !

This is written in the manual about this:
    "
    If the camera moves unpredictably, perhaps its the wrong direction of rotation of the motors and you need
    to change the Reverse flag in the 'Basic' tab .
    "

I think it's good to include some more info like this:
    "
    If the camera moves unpredictably, perhaps its the wrong direction of rotation of the motors and you need
    to change the Reverse flag in the 'Basic' tab .
    Even when the motors works fine in Stabilize Mode, try the Reverse option !
    "

@ Garug,
    Thanks for your input about this.

@ Moderator,
    Please can you change the title that this problem is Solved ?

Regards,
    Marten
  • It is advisable always do the motor configuration auto when setting up the system. On my experience it gets the motor inverted status reliably. Pole counts should be adjusted manually after to match the actual pole count of the motors.

Good to hear you solved it.
  • Hello Garug,

Yes, in the future I'm sure to use the motor configuration Auto option :-)

I've used it before (whit a other Gimbal) and the result was a strange MotorPole count.
    From that moment, I never have used this option again.

This mistake was a good lesson for me :-)

Thanks again for your input and tips.

Regards,
    Marten