EN CN
Gimbal tilts to the right side after powering up
  • Hi all I am new here in this forum and I am also a newbie with gimbals.
    I just got my iflight Betview 5D-GH3 (plug and play) gimbal delivered and started playing with it.
    It's a nice gimbal with an AlexMos 32bit pre programmed controller.
    The first results with my GH4 were very promising.
    I just noticed one little problem after I balanced the gimbal.
    As soon as I power it up, it tilts slightly to the left (pov facing the lens).
    I made a little video to explain what I mean:

Since I am a newbie I am not quite sure, what might cause that move.
    Can anyone help me with that?

One more question: Which GUI am I supposed to use to find out which software version/firmware was used on the controller?

Thanks a lot for helping.
    Cheers, Markus
  • What GUI / FW you have now? You can find the GUI /FW here http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/32bit/ .

Load the GUI you want to use and check the FW with it.
    You can find the users manual also there, read it carefully and ensure all settings.

Your problem could be for many reasons: IMU calibration, Initial RC angle, Joystick calibration/mode, Follow offset calibration, IMU alignment...

• I don't have any GUI. I just got that gimbal yesterday ready to run. I have no clue yet, what FW is installed. Just chasing up some more information from the manufacturer.
    Is there somthing like a generic GUI? The link above leads to several GUIs.
    Can I just use one of them or can it cause any damage if I pick the wrong one?
  • The GUIs should be backward compatible, If you update the FW that might require reseting parameters. Before you do anything else save your profiles, this way you can always load them back (though basic settings might need to be performed before that)

Best really to contact the manufacturer, they might have recommendations for the FW/GUI etc. and reading the users manual is useful to get understanding. You need anyway to learn to tune the gimbal.