EN CN
GUI - angle of stator only working for pitch? FW 2.43b9
  • Hi,
    I have a cam and a Frame IMU. The Frame imu is set and mounted below yaw.
    So the Frame IMU should measure Motor Stator Position of roll and pitch. The Motor Stator Position is shown as gray arrows in the gui when cam IMU is selected.
    Analysing the movement of the gray arrows in my Setup the gui only shows the pitch movement correctly - no movement for roll.
    As a result pitching the Frame 180° works great. But rolling the Frame 45° lets the stabilazation get instable. And no Chance of rolling 90° or more.
    Switching to Frame IMU i can see the Frame IMU is working properly.
    Is this a bug or do I have to set something differently?

Best regards
    Constantin
  • The indicators are not most logical. The IMUs do not really know the gimbal angles, just their own orientation.

Usually when no IMUs are selected the indicators should indicate the camera position with black indicators and frame positions with white, but I do not always find the frame positions that accurate.

I would suggest using the latest FW, activating estimate angles from motors, performing follow offset calibration.

If this does not help saving settings and erasing EEPROM might help. IMUs need to be recalibrate after.

Ps. Rolling the frame will always be problematic as the yaw and pitch motor get close to the same axis. I can get my gimbal working up-to 85 degrees roll, but it is not really usable on that position. normally there should not be need to move the roll that much.
  • I agree that rolling for 90° is problematic - because that aligns tilt with yaw axis and that gives you the so called gimbal lock (no yaw movement of the Frame can be compensated anymore).
    However I was wondering and asking if it is normal that the Grey arrow - which is indicating the Frame angles - is not working (moving) for the roll axis. Because thats the case for me and I wonder if it is a bug or if I set something wrong.
  • Anybody experiencing the same?
  • Exactly the same thing here.
    If I change GUI's second IMU setting to 'above the yaw', grey arrows start moving correctly. Even though the IMU is below the yaw motor.