EN CN
CAMETV 7800 32bit Brushless wont level!!
  • So i recently got this CAMETV 7800 brushless gimbal. it comes all ready to go out of the box, all you have to is level it. So i leveled it and then powered it on.

for some reason the gimbal doesnt think its level..

it then drifts into this almost "dutch" style angle.

im debating if i should just reflash this gimbal completly or try and figure out their software.

here is a screenshot of my parameters, this screenshot was taken with the gimbal fully level physically

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/15902_10203365432641714_2341910835947937813_n.jpg?oh=310dbefdf6f1278284055b5337cdb1d6&oe=553B9919
  • There is many things that can cause this. ACC calibration, Gyro calibration, wrong pole count, motor skipping, joystick calibration, but likely on your case Follow offset, depending if 'estimate angles form motors' are used. but in any case I would start from there.
  • @Garug where can i find these settings to ajust the offset? im new to all thia
  • Follow tab
  • @Garug Hi, I'm having a similar problem, mine is leveled, but when using follow mode and I pan, roll will be slightly slanted. I think It's due to the ACC calibration. Do I have to do the 6 point ACC calibration?? I don't want to take out the sensors.... Is there a way I can level it without doing that?
  • Have you performed the follow offset auto? The gimbal outer frame has to be levelled when it is performed.

Verify also that on RC tab initial angles are 0.

And that IMU is accurately installed in line with the axis. You could carefully try to misalign IMU couple of degrees (very small changes) and se how that affects. The IMU IC is not always that accurately installed on the IMU board. It is the IMU IC that need to be in correct alignment.

1 point alignment should provide reasonably good result, but be sure it is correctly performed. If nothing else helps try the 6 point calibration.
  • @Garug IT WORKED! Thank you SO MUCH! All I did was make 100% sure that my frame was completely leveled horizontally, then calibrated ACC and Gyro on both camera and frame IMU, then finally set follow offset to auto, and the result was all 0 on the offset. Amazingly, it is COMPLETELY leveled to horizon!! I tested it with my camera's level meter, it is unbelievably stable!!! Even at extreme angle turns, it goes back to horizon instantly. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
  • @Garug One question for future reference. I live in Canada and we have very cold temperatures. My Gimbal started freaking out and going all jittery when I took it out in the cold. After increasing power and calibrating ACC and Gyro on both camera and frame IMU's, it seemed to improve.

Since I seem to have my gimbal perfectly balanced to horizon, I don't really feel comfortable calibrating IMU's again... but I have to when temperatures change, so do you recommend that I calibrate both camera and frame IMU quite often?

Thanks!
  • Good to hear it worked out. I live in Finland so it is cold here too.

What I do is skip the gyro calibration at startup and assign that to a button. This way the gimbal is always ready to be used and can be started even at moving platform. The gyro calibration is easy to perform just pressing the button and seting the gimbal to steady floor until the motors start again. I always perform the gyro calibration (and startup) on mode that does not have any follow function activated.

On cold I let the gimbal first settle to the temperature, maybe 10 minutes and then perform the gyro calibration.

The gyro calibration you can perform as many times you like, the camera or gimbal does not need to be levelled or anything, just steadily on the floor.

The ACC calibration requires the careful alignment, 6 point calibration for best result etc. That I perform only during the first installation and later on if for some reason it seems it is not working well. that does not happen often, but sometimes after FW update etc. it has been necessary.

I will not say what, just that something good might be on the way regarding using gimbals outside room temperature...

• @Garug Oh! So I don't need to do the ACC calibration for the temperature change? Okay, so just keep the gyro calibration assigned on the button and do it on the fly.

One thing I noticed was that it doesn't say which IMU you are calibrating for the assigned buttons. It just says "Calibrate Gyro". Are we assuming that it only calibrates the Camera IMU? Or both Frame and camera IMU?

I really hope that's a FW update for cold temperatures!! :D

Speaking of firmware, I have been afraid to upgrade to the latest since I heard that it will wipe all settings? I'm currently using 2.42 b7. I'd like to upgrade, should I just screenshot every value? I heard profiles get wiped on upgrade as well.

Thanks!
  • Normally the FW update should not cause problems, but sometimes it might, I am not sure about the latest official, I am always testing something...

But, just save your settings, and in worst case you need to redo the IMU calibrations.

I believe the gyro calibration calibrates both gyros, ACC is separately as per IMU.

Calibrating also ACC on the temperature it is used would be good, but on my experience just calibrating gyro often provides good enough result. Calibrating gyro on the temperature it is used is important, otherwise it will drift. (that is if the temperature is 10 C or so different it was last calibrated.)
  • I see, that's why my gimbal was going all crazy when I suddenly when outside to -5 C from room temperature.

I'll update FW and will try setting gyros in the cold today, hopefully it works out!

Thank you so much for your detailed responses Garug, really appreciate it!