EN CN
Controlling gimbal with Arduino PWM
  • I'm trying to use the PWM output from my Arduino to control my gimbal. I have the PWM hooked up to the pwm pin and the ground wire attached. When I output a signal greater than 50% duty cycle, the associated axis (yaw/pitch) moves in one direction continually until the duty cycle drops below 50%. No matter the duty cycle (50-100%), the motor rotates at the same speed. I don't know how to get the yaw/pitch to move in the other direction. I have a set of (3) pins for FC Roll, FC Pitch, RC Roll, and RC Pitch. I configured the RC Settings tab to set pitch control to RC_PITCH - PWM and yaw control to RC_ROLL - PWM. Like I said, each only rotates in one direction. Any idea how to get it to rotate the other direction would be great. Do i have to use the FC pitch and roll pins? Also, is it possible to set the rotation speed proportional to the duty cycle?
  • very confusing, you are mixing many things. It is really simple.

1. You need to make sure Arduino sends servo compliat PWM within the allowed range (about 1000 to 2000 micro seconds, centre 1500). There is plenty of such examples for Arduino (search Arduino Servo control etc.).

2. You need to connect it to BaseCam exactly as you would connect PWM receiver.

Ps. PWM works for controlling BaseCam with Arduino, but you might want to look into BaseCam serial API, SBUS or PPM, they all provide more control with less wires.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Worked great using arduino's Servo.h library