EN CN
Dys gimbal and Canon 5d mark3 with 24-105mm kit lens
  • I have DYS gimbal with BGM5208-75 (pitch,roll) and BGM5208-200 yaw motor. I have canon 5d mark3 and 24-105mm kit lens. We couldn't find PID and motor power values. Could you share yours or give us ideas? Our power is R/P/Y 140+20, 170+40, 200+40 and PID values is Roll (203,0.14,124) Pitch (198,0.33, 57) and yaw (167, 0.02, 138).
  • What FW are you at? General no need to use additional power. Your P and D are quite high and the P/D ration is very different for each axis, that does not necessary mean anything, but my P/D is not changing that much on different axis (and different gimbal)

Your yaw 'I' is very low. I think that indicates some problem. Is the Yaw well balanced?

Have you tried auto tuning one axis at time. First tune it so that the gimbal does not vibrate and start auto tune from Pitch. use the slider more in stability. hold the gimbal in hand when tuning. Remember to disactivate adaptive PID tuning before auto tune. Use filtering after the gimbal is working relatively good, but as likely some vibrations remain http://www.basecamelectronics.com/company/blog/show/?newsid=113

I do not know about 5D mark3, but the mark2 is not a very solid camera and the bottom installation is not that good. The mark2 really benefice from supporting it from bottom screw and flash shoe.
  • HI Garug,

I tried to follow yoru sugestion> I also have a Cnaon eos 5 d MK III with 24-105 lens. At the first stage when trying to calibrate the PItch the camera moves upside down and then it sakes like crazy. The result is that there is no value to change this. If I click Motor Off the camera goes up in the normal position. I am out of my mind. THis is the worst software I ever saw.
  • It is easy to blame the SW, however the same SW works fine for me. It is much depending of the gimbal how it works and maybe the SW works better with different gimbals...
  • hey phil7 .. have you solved your problem? I have nearly the same setup, although different lens. But mine works nearly ok. Just some vibrations left when cam is lever. Other than that excellent gimbal. So if you´re still stuck ... leave a comment or pm
  • hi...i have a 3 axis dys gimbal and a canon 5d with a 24.105 lens.what is my pid setting?thanks
  • is there anybody?