EN CN
dys3 axis gopro gimbal - YAW Axis no Action
  • Hi, kind regards from Germany :)

There is some trouble with my new gimbal: The YAW Motor does not give any Action / Power / Movement after configuration. The two other Axises are doing well and as they should.

Please see following Video:

My Configuration can be found here:
    http://www.sportspix.de/files/dys3-gimbal-settings.jpg

I am Using Firmware 2.30b5

Important: The Motor is not faulty. It sometimes (depends on configuration I make) turns or spins around. But When I do the configuration as shown in Video from Kerry Garrison The Yaw Axis does not work.

Gimbal is Powered on 4S and not only with USB.
    Accelerometer is calibrated, but I always get the message "Acc is not calibrated!"

The Only Thing I did not do so far is the full 6axis Calibration. Could This solve my problem? I Dont think so, because 2 Axises are working perfectly.

I am sure I made a Mistake in Config. Maybe you can tell me which mistake!
    Thx for any advice!!!
  • 6 point calibration will not solve problems. It will only improve the accuracy after everything else if perfectly working. My advise as always is get the gimbal first working well with one point calibration and then try 6 point calibration.

I think your problem is very likely because of the I2C errors. You need to get rid of them first. How is your additional Yaw board connected? Use short cables and try to route the I2C wires to some distance of the other wires (IMU wire and ext. board data wires)
  • Garug, thanx for your help. :)

I can understand your frustration, because many who are new into this, dont try to solve their problems by themself at first, they just ask questions which where asked 1 mio times before.
    As you said, I take it not personally (I tried 6hours configurating the gimbal by myself, before asking my question - I qualified myself by this I guess :) )

So, you gave me a lot of Tipss to examine. I will do so later at home!

The Gimbal is out of the box, I Did not change any cables or connections. So I Have to check this first.
    In addition gonna try to switch to 12V power for the gimbal (read about some issues with 4s power for the gimbal).

Thank you!