EN CN
high temperature controller
  • Hi guys!

In these hot days I'm getting a weird issue: after a while I'm using the gimbal motor power dacay a lot (especially in roll and yaw motor). Turn off power, wait 5minutes same thing. If I wait one hour everything is normal. Does this happen to you as well? Is it like a board protection system? Should I use something to low tempetature a bit or open controller case?

Thanks in advance!!
  • does the board or motors get hot to touch? What kind of gimbal do you have, what board, what battery, what motors?
  • No just board gets a bit hot, but I can still touch it with my finger. I'm using standard hardware, that's why I didn't mention: 8108, 3S, SturdyFlight frame, 8bit board v2.3 and 2.4. The strange thing is that this happens with lightweight and heavy cameras...
  • what kind of power settings do you use? Is there some component on board that gets hot? if the board it set gets hot then there is likely some component that is very hot. Do you have anything external connected consuming the 5V?

I have been running board on closed box, (8 an 32 bit) on a 5D gimbal and never had any problems like you describe.
  • Well no nothing external is connected. I'll try to understand if a particular components gets really hot even if it might be difficult to understand which one! Thanks Garug by the way!
  • Carefully try the componets with your finger tip before it shuts down. It is easy to feel if something is realy hot
  • Ok! I'll do so!
  • Was the problem the temperature?
    'Cause I'm trying to calibrate in temperature and i need to reach 175F ... did your problem happened at lower temperature, didn't it?
    Thanks