EN CN
intermittent issues with operation of 8bit on DYS eagle eye - video link inside
  • Hello the good people of BaseCam forums,
    Unfortunately, my first message on the forum is a much needed request for help.
    And I made a video trying to show (and hear) the problem.

Would love to get any input, and any ideas that might help me solve this issue or get closer to solve it!

I have to mention that I already reset the board to factory settings and flashed with the newest software twice, as well as the 6axis imu calibration.

Been playing with the PID and other settings, but about 2 out of 5 starts of the board the gimbal will not start and makes loud grinding noise.

I am running 4s lipo, and a balanced gimbal.

I have uploaded a video that show in the beginning the issue, as well as my settings - any help or even direction will be very good

http://youtu.be/FK8lKatCp-o
    Excuse my broken English.

Thanks in advance people

• When you show that the gimbal is balanced, it returns to level (or is the gimbal on at that point?). When it is balanced it should remain in any position you put it to. This is a problem, but not likely the one causing the buzzing.

Are you sure the axis have been correctly assigned for each motor and IMU?

Have you performed the motor configuration Auto to get the inverted status right?

You should perform RC calibration and Follow dead band should not be so narrow, but these likely are not causing the Buzzing. (maybe RC calibration could)

Is there I2C errors? Do you need to have I2C pull ups enabled? if not do not use it.

Do you mean this buzzing happens only about 1 of 5 times you start the gimbal? if so, it likely is not the settings causing it.

Is it always starting in the same mode?

Also I would remove calibrate ACC from 1 click and activate voltage compensation, no need for the alarms, if you are using flight battery for the gimbal.
  • also the camera installation looks like it is meant to use the camera hot shoe as second installation point. it would be good to instal like that.
  • One more thing, Are the installation stand-offs metal? If so, you may want to make sure that the IMU ground is not connected to the frame. Use nylock stand-offs and screws etc.
  • Hi guys,

Firstly I like to thank you for your time answering me and trying to get a solution going.

I did all of the suggested above, yet no luck, and still get the intermittent issues,

Do you think I should go ahead and order a new board, or give anything a last try ?

Thank you
  • Just to be sure you could verify that the motors are ok. The resistance between each 3 phase (from any motor cable pin to any pin) should be about the same ( and depending of motor likely between 8 to 16 ohm)

Measuring agains any motor pin and metal parts of the motor (find a place where the anodisation is broken, so that it makes contact) there should not be any connection.

Broken motors could cause strange issues.

Note: move the wires a bit she making the measurements. it could be occasionally making contact, occasionally not.