EN CN
System not responding to the spektrum satellite
  • I have the spektrum sattelite connected to the 32 bit board. Selected spektrum in the menu and RC-Yaw and pitch set to PWM. Is this the correct setting?
  • I think it is the other option for Spectrum satellite. Also note that the satellite needs to be paired with the transmitter before using it. To do that yo need a Spectrum receiver that supports satellite.
  • There is spektrum option in the main RC_ROLL pin mode for Spektrum. Then there is a channel selection sub menu for roll pith and yaw.

I am familiar with the binding process for Spetrum/JR equipment. The dongle was already bound and works. I took that satellite off my Freefly Radian gimbal system, I know it works.

I am going to try to see if it works without the bluetooth connected.
  • I would try the spectrum option on RC_ROLL and virtual channels for pitch, roll, yaw, CMD... but interesting to see what works, I have not tried this yet.
  • Your intuition was correct, however if I would have read the manual closer it looks like the spektrum is not fully supported yet.

Your idea at least gets the system to recognize the spektrum. Except it is not workable. It appears that the system is not de-coupling the data stream from the satellite properly. Virtual Channels 1 and 2 recognize the throttle stick. Nothing recognizes the yaw stick. Virt 3 is the roll stick which I maped to yaw. Virt 4 and 5 will recognize the pitch stick. None of the virtual channels recognize any of the Aux switches from the radio

The problem I encounter now is that the sticks do not revert to 1500 microseconds or anywhere near it. The Roll stick is at a value of 950 when centered. The pitch stick is almost at the upper hard stop when centered.
    NOTE: No expo curve or any other differential functions are set on the radio. I tried to use the the offset functions in the GUI.

I tried to bind the satellite as a DSM2 at 22 ms which is the old standard, now everything is DSMX 11ms from Horizon Hobby aka, Spektrum/JR.

No big deal, I will use the AR8000 PWM RC receiver for now. I would like the cleaner look of the single dongle. I hate when this stuff looks like a child's science project. Now that I have the black encased 32 bit board and sensors helps compared to the old exposed 8 bit board that I was using before it zapped.
  • Same here. The Spektrum Satellite DSMX Receiver is recognized, but the values are off (eg. 950 for a centered stick and 2048 to the right) with a rollover to the next virtual channel if you give it more than 2048. Seems that the serial data stream is not decoded properly with the internal 2048 steps the DSMX protocol uses a. This is with a plain cheapo Spektrum DX4e Transmitter.