EN CN
Joystick issue with 32 Bit board with DYS-HHG joystick
  • I have an i-flight RC 32 Bit board dual sensor setup using Bluetooth with the free Android App. I aam using the DYS-HHG joystick.

Here: http://www.foxtechfpv.com/dys-hhgjs-joystick-controller-for-basecam-controller-board-p-1556.html

I connected it per the diagram. I have two issues.

1. The joystick does not seem to be recognized by the system. It does recognize the button sort of, except it does not toggle well. When I disconnect the joystick the gimbal will respond to the last commanded movement. So if the joystick is connected and I command a tilt down it will not do anything. As soon as I disconnect the joystick it will tilt.

I have the have RC_Roll pin mode set to Normal and the YAW is set to ADC-1 and Pitch set to ADC-2.

2. The joystick seems to interfere with the Bluetooth dongle sometimes.

• I just got it to work. It works fine when connected via the USB to the PC.
  • What voltage have you supplied for the Joystick?

8 bit boards use 5V for the Joystick and 32 bit boards 3.3 volts. On the Joystick it says 3.3 V so it is designed for 32 bit board.

Maybe you could use 5V on it, but better make sure from the manufacturer before you do.
  • Long story short. It now works without issue. Not sure why, could be PFM (Pure Fckng Magic) . One theory is that I had the App control enabled where you can use the Android to make minor movements of the gimbal to test, this could also explain my other post about the Spektrum not working as well as why the app had a conflict and locked up. Although I have not tried it with the spektrum receiver yet, so that is still to be determined.

I understand using 3.3V over 5V. I am not an expert in Micro-controllers, but I know enough to understand reference voltages. My guess is that if someone tried to use 5 volts they would always be at a high state and never get a reverse direction, assuming they did not damage the analog read in pins. That's all academic. Even if I did not understand that concept, my i-Flight board is in the exact pin arrangement as the documentation on this site. It is almost idiot proof especially since the I bought the i-Flight boards with the nice black anodized aluminum cases that have labels as well.

Anyway, if someone has additional insight I would not mind hearing about it.

Cheers

• Ok, it was early morning when I answered, should have read more carefully....

Strange issues you have though with bluetooth.
  • I found out that it was the APP. If I turned on the APP's sub menu to control then hit the button to activate the horizontal sliders, the system ignores all other input from the joystick. But it only does it if you change another setting. If you turn app control goes back to normal.

So no big deal. At least I know what the issue is.