EN CN
Setting Tilt Angle in SimpleBGC GUI
  • Hi there,
    Is there a way to adjust the tilt angle of the pitch axis in the GUI? I have a quad copter with 2-axis Basecam gimbal (Quanum) controller, but with no pitch control input to it (completely standalone). When I calibrate the 2 axis' are perfectly horizontal and vertical, as intended. But now I want to pitch the camera forward (point down by about 10 degrees).
    Is there a setting that I can use to do this?

Many thanks
    Rob.
  • On the 2.41 FW there is at least on 32bit boards. Before that I think there was not.

Simple mechanical solution would be to tilt the IMU 10 degrees compared to the optical axis.
  • Thanks Garug,
    The board is currently running 2.20 fw. It came from the supplier with this fw. Can I upgrade this to the latest fw without issue?
    My current thinking is actually to add a potentiometer to the pitch control input, and setting the input to analog. This should work right?
    Cheers
    Rob.
  • Yes the potentiometer should work if FW 2.2 supports it.

The new firmwares print many improvements but also changes. If you change the FW from 2.2 you probably need completely retune the gimbal. Note also that you have a 8 bit board and the newest FW for they is 2.40b7, it does not support setting the angle in GUI.

If you have a legitimate BaseCam board it should be ok to update to newest FW available, but there has been some reports of problem when updating, updating from older FW is a bit more complicated than with the current FW versions.