EN CN
Perfectly level until yaw
  • While flying, completely level when rolling from side to side and front to back, very satisfied with the results. When she yaws left, roll hangs to the right a bit, when she yaws right roll hangs to the left a bit. Both IMU's are precise. I am using follow mode for yaw only. Running out of ideas……
    I am using the latest version for Alexmos
  • Do I need more power to the motors? I hate to mess to much with the PID, everything is working nice with no vibration.
  • ProV, I'm also having exactly the same problem.

When I disable the frame IMU, this problem doesn't occur. I also calibrated the sensors many many times (6-point), placed the frame IMU on different locations, changed Gyro trust values, PID values, but nothing helps.

I will try totally a different board and sensors to see if it is related with the hardware.
  • Hi I have this problem also, i only use roll and pitch however when i make a yaw movement on the copter the roll slightly (10~20 degrees) rolls to the corresponding side.
    It stays there until I yaw back.
    I'm using the newest software 2.4b7
    I'm thinking of downgrading until this problem disappears.

Also to note I use the mini 8 bit version from hobbyking.
  • Same here

Makes no difference if the Copter yaws in flight, or I simply yaw the gimbal with the RC, activate or deactivate the follow mode, set follow start and mix to 90 and 0 ...
    ROLL is always following YAW

That drives me nuts!
    Any ideas?
  • I had really bad yaw-roll connection. Erasing EEPROM and setting everything back manually helped a lot, but there is still some connection. (32 bit 2 IMUs)

I am not sure if this was that I had something wrongly set originally or some ghost on EEPROM. This was with this aerial gimbal (video is after erasing the EEPROM) As can be seen, there is still some yaw-roll connection.

I have noted this issue sometimes also with a handheld gimbal, but it does not seem to be that serious on that.

The problem could be due several issues including not perfectly calibrated or installed IMUs, some wrong settings on GUI, something strange stored on EEPROM, SW bug..
  • I'm wondering if this problem is related to some sort of gyroscopic precession. From my helicopter studies I recall something like this happening but would have to research more.